ICAP Data Manager (Health Informatics Systems) Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;ICAP Data Manager (Health Informatics Systems) in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;ICAP Data Manager (Health Informatics Systems) in Nairobi, Kenya
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health in Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services in County and Sub County health facilities.
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF-UK) and the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) have launched an ambitious initiative called ‘Accelerated Children’s HIV/AIDS Treatment ( ACT)’ which aims to double the total number of children on antiretroviral therapy (ART) to 300,000 across ten priority African countries by September 2016.
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Data Manager – Health Informatics Systems (HIS)
Location: Nairobi with travel to selected ICAP facilities
Overall Job Function: Under the overall supervision of the Director of Monitoring, the Data Manager-HIS will be responsible for the building and maintenance of ICAP health databases, will help in any on-going analysis of aggregate and patient level data for ICAP, and facilitate the timely reporting of data to funding agencies.
- Lead in the development and deployment of software modules for the ICAP patient-level electronic medical records system (C-PAD), and DHIS2 aggregate databases
- Manage data files and conduct script driven-data extraction from routine aggregate and patient-level databases in Java, MySQL, PostgresSQL scripting languages and in building of relational and flat database structures
- Ensure timely data collation, data cleaning and reporting of program data on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual data reports to funding agencies and other stakeholders
- Write programming scripts to perform automated data accuracy checks and generate reports of any identified inconsistencies
- Generate monthly data summaries to help track and inform on program performance
- Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics or related field
- Strong Data management and analysis skills
- At least 4 years relevant experience and expert skill level in the use of PostgreSQL, MySQL and Java scripting languages
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint and any statistical program (e.g. SPSS or STATA) is an added bonus
- Experience in working with MOH health information systems and working with HIV-related PEPFAR reports will be an added advantage
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to the
Director- Human Resources,
on or before May 9, 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer