Hypermarket Heavy House Hold Goods Section Manager
Job in Nairobi, Kenya Feb 2016
Job Opportunity :Hypermarket Heavy House Hold Goods
Section Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Career Opportunity :Hypermarket Heavy House Hold Goods
Section Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client currently operates more than 140 hypermarkets and supermarkets in over 15 countries with more than 25,000 employees from 70 nationalities.
They are seeking to recruit a Section Manager – Heavy House Hold Goods.
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all necessary tasks to develop sales and satisfy customers.
- Must have excellent knowledge of all products and impart the same on the section team.
- Manage and lead team.
- Set objectives and work with team towards achieving targets and growth.
- Understand and apply Standard Management.
- Fulfill Permanent Responsibilities requirements.
- Ensure that products are properly labeled with right prices and brand names.
- Monitor and maintain stock inventory levels to avoid over or under stocking.
- Execution of excellent customer care relations including prompt response to queries and appropriate remedial measures for complaints from internal and external customers
- Put in place stringent measures to curb product spoilages.
- Develop sales promotions in liaison with the Department Head and Store General Manager to enhance sales.
- Management and overall supervision of section team including enforcement of positive and negative rewards.
- Carry out section inventory on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and participate in sales budgets.
- Analyze profit and loss statements and recommend improvements to meet department goals.
- Assist in section staff recruitment exercise.
- Internal training of section team
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of one’s self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
Management of Personnel Resources
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Complex Problem Solving
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Customer and Personal Service
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Sales and Marketing
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques and sales control systems.
Administration and Management
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
Education and Training
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups and the measurement of training effects.
Personnel and Human Resources
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation and personnel information systems.
Production and Processing
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in Retail Sales from a reputable organization, with experience in the following:
- Procedural execution
- Team Management
- Degree/Diploma in Business Management
- Entrepreneurship course/certificate
- Basic knowledge in Electrical appliances will be an added advantage.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 24th February, 2015.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line.