Human Resources Manager Job Career Opportunity in Kenya at- Manufacturing Firm 2014
Vacancy: Human Resources Manager for a Manufacturing Firm
Job Purpose: To maintain and enhance the organisation’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management in information needs.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports as well as coordinates Safety meetings and acts as Safety Director.
- Supervisory responsibilities by providing management direction and counselling. Supervises other staff in the department and temporary staffing as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Have a national National Diploma from Institute of HR Management
- Member of Institute of HR Management
- Must have worked in a Manufacturing firm.
- Have over 3 years in HR Managerial position
- Be ready to work in Mombasa
- Be 30-40 years old.
- Have negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills