Human Resource Officer Job Vacancy in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Human Resource Officer in Kenya
Career vacancy;Human Resource Officer in Kenya
Summary: Our client operates one of the largest retail sandwich stores worldwide, they are quickly expanding in Kenya as well as making inroads to other markets.
They are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated and talented Human Resource Officer who will be responsible for various human resource functions including recruitment, manpower planning, policy development and implementation, performance management, employee relations as well as employee separation.
- Monitor the performance and attendance of staff and address issues arising from the same.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection of new staff in to ensure timely, organized and comprehensive procedures are used to hire staff.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that govern Human Resource and work-related issues such work place safety, reward and remuneration, etc.
- Administer payroll in accordance with established policies and procedures and also in compliance with State regulations.
- Responsible for leave management.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that all terminations and dismissals meet the requirements of the labour laws and company policies.
- Put in place effective manual and electronic staff records filing systems.
- Handle all employee disciplinary and industrial relations and offer technical support to Store Managers in the management of discipline.
- Facilitate the effective on-boarding of new employees into the organization.
- Develop, implement and facilitate systems to improve the performance and productivity of staff through trainings and team building activities.
Qualification and Background
- Degree in Human Resource Management or related fields.
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- At least four years relevant human resource experience preferably in the hospitality or consumer goods sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should possess an understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited for this role, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Tuesday 24th May, 2016.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.