HR Manager Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;HR Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy;HR Manager in Kenya
Our client, a retailer and reseller of consumer electronics, technology products and computer services, is looking for a dynamic, high-energy business professional to join its team as an HR Manager.
The HR Manager will partner with Management to support the continued growth of the retail stores as well as HQ employees. The HR Manager will support the recruitment efforts of the company, as well as advise and coach Store Managers
on employee relations issues, customer service, performance management situations, talent discussions, organizational succession planning and the creation and development of store policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage specific recruitment strategies to effectively recruit top talent for existing stores and HQ.
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process for management and operational positions, which includes sourcing candidates, screening, interviewing and presenting final job offers.
- Through research, networking and an understanding of internal talent, build a talent pipeline to ensure a consistent flow of candidates for management positions.
- Act as an internal consultant for resolving employee relations issues.
- Coach Store Managers on delivering effective and impactful employee relations based conversations.
- Support Store Managers in the writing of all corrective action documents to ensure consistency across all store locations.
- Research, develop and implement innovative policies and procedures to positively impact retail store performance
- Track data to develop an understanding of re-occurring employee relations issues within regions and specific store locations and create best practices to run an effective organization.
- Oversee the performance management process ensuring all employees are consistently provided with the tools and feedback needed to be successful in their role; Coach and advise store management on performance management conversations and documentation.
- Conduct Exit Interviews and utilize information gathered from exit surveys to impact positive changes in the business.
- Create, facilitate and/or implement Customer Service related training for retail.
- Partner with the Branch Managers to create development plans for team members as part of retail succession planning.
- Research best practices in retail and recommend new and innovative programs and practices to positively impact the in-store culture and operations.
Qualities and skills:
Other relevant skills include:
- 5+ years of previous retail HR experience, preferably in a specialty store retail environment.
- Strong understating of retail operations and HR best practices within a retail environment.
- Broad knowledge of HR practices including employee relations, performance management, compensation, succession planning and learning & development.
- Knowledge labor laws and regulations.
- Full functional knowledge of HR generalist responsibilities.
Language: Excellent verbal and non – verbal communication skills in English.
Compensation: A competitive compensation will be negotiated with the right candidate, commensurate with experience and skills. Please state current and salary expectations in your application.
Availability: State availability (notice period) in your application letter.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 20th April 2016
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.