Hotel IT Operations Engineer Job in Kenya Feb 2016
Job vacancy: Hotel IT Operations Engineer in Kenya
Employment opportunity: Hotel IT Operations Engineer in Kenya
Job Purpose: Supports the organization’s operations by identifying and solving operational problems.
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing process supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system.
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance.
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering specialized in Computer Science, Electronics & Communication Engineering & Telecommunication Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in IT Operations & Technical Support services.
- Intermediate level in management of Network/System Infrastructure in Solaris/Linux platform along with data center management.
- Basic level experience in writing & executing basic SQL queries.
- Intermediate knowledge of IP routing, VPN & Ethernet technology and operations.
- Basic knowledge with managing Cisco/switch platforms and other devices like load balancers/content filtering/firewalls/IDS/IPS and network modeling software. Networking certification from Cisco (e.g. CCNA) and Microsoft would be a plus.
- Expert in troubleshooting.
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.