Hivos Accounting Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Hivos Accounting Officer in Nairobi Kenya
Career vacancy;Hivos Accounting Officer in Nairobi Kenya
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Support the Regional Finance Manager in the preparation and control of Regional Office Budget;
- Supervise and review monthly bank reconciliations;
- Support the RFM with the review and elaboration of financial statements;
- Assist in the selection and contracting of services and goods;
- Supervise salary administration, payroll and statutory deductions;
- Involvement in budgeting and forecasting process;
- Other ad hoc duties.
- Assesses audited financial statements of specific Hub EA projects and programme partners;
- Approves audited financial statements and communicates with project/programme partners;
- Performs financial inspections of project partners as needed;
- Coordinates fulfilment of financial reporting obligations of projects and programmes to different donors;
- Monitors monthly project spending for specific projects;
- Holds monthly meetings with programme managers on finances.
- Qualified Accountant;
- Masters in Accounting (desired);
- Highly numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and PC literacy;
- Strong written reporting skills;
- Confident communication skills;
- Drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges;
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to be flexible;
- Accuracy- ability to work with precision.
We offer a competitive package based on the candidate’s qualifications.
Like to apply?
To apply kindly send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the suitable candidate for this position to email@example.com.