Heifer International Regional Monitoring, Learning, & Evaluation Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya 2014
Summary: Our Client Heifer International is a global nonprofit humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable animal agricultural enterprise.
In Kenya, the second phase of the project will adopt a more private sector led strategy with the overall objective of building significant partnerships with public and private organizations for co-funding, innovative design and overall project expansion.
Function: Reporting to EADD Regional Director, the Regional Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation Manager will provide the overall leadership in MLE in the region, work in close collaboration with respective country MLE Officers and East Africa Dairy Development (EADD) consortium partners with the view to build the capacity of country offices on MLE function.
- Drive the development of the MLE framework and specific initiatives across the East Africa countries.
- Provide overall leadership in documenting key outcomes, lessons learned and impact on key innovations embedded within the project on a continuous basis.
- Provide technical leadership on strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks and corrective action
- Manage third party service providers such as researchers and trainers to ensure Heifer standards
- Design and put into use MLE tools that would permit project to carry out its role, jointly with field staff, consortium partners and the funding agency.
- Oversee all evaluations and operational research for the project including baseline, midterm and end-line assessments.
- Ensure that production of training and education materials reflects information needs identified by the MLE system in the region
- You will have a Masters degree in a relevant discipline; with at least 7 years experience in MLE in the development sector preferably international donors.
- Essential experience and skills includes: complex data analysis, agriculture/dairy value chains, proficiency in MLE Systems, people management and training skills.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, ability to prepare and systemically disseminate high level quality reports for a variety of audiences.
- Skilled with incorporating innovative solutions in complex MLE systems with focus on agriculture/dairy value chains.
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong staff training skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing complex programs with many implementation sites, partners, and beneficiaries.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and environment, and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Ability to promote the vision and strategic goals of EADD.
- Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail and Internet software (Microsoft Office preferred), including Excel, Access and SPSS.
- Skilled with managing complex IT based data collection systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate future developments and trends to incorporate them into organizational plans.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, oral and written, with knowledge of Kiswahili.
- Preparing and presenting documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to lead teams effectively and exhibit strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proven team and customer care skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in several locations.
- Excellent time management skills, high self motivation and ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks, demands and deadlines with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues both within and outside of Kenya.
- May require constant sitting and moving; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Performing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to travel both locally and internationally.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing date: Friday, 13th December 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.