Heifer International Project Coordinator (Wealth Creation Project) Job in Homa Bay Kenya
Career vacancy: Heifer International Project Coordinator (Wealth Creation Project) Homa Bay Kenya
Employment Opportunity: Heifer International Project Coordinator (Wealth Creation Project) Homa Bay Kenya
Send a Cow and Heifer International Kenya, with support from the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the Big Lottery Fund and other funding partners are implementing a multiyear Wealth Creation Project with the goal of transforming the livelihoods of 57,000 people.
The project covers the larger Western Kenya in the counties of Homabay, Migori, Busia, Siaya, Kakamega, Bungoma and Vihiga.
Heifer International intends to fill the following position in this project:
Project Coordinator – Wealth Creation Project
Based in Homabay, the Project Coordinator coordinates is responsible and coordinates the work of the project staff in the Homabay field office and the business team in the SAC-K Kakamega field office including coordinating all their inputs into the successful mobilization, training and capacity building of the target project beneficiaries.
The role is responsible for the delivery of the project targeting working with 36 community groups in Homabay, Migori and Rachuonyo and 3 producer marketing hubs in Nambale, Khwisero and Rongo for a total of 8,250 households and 49,500 people.
Reporting to the Director of Programmes, you will
- Develop quarterly and annual work plans and budgets for the project and monitor the budgets and work plans to ensure project spending and implementation are on track.
- Coordinate and ensure the development and delivery of a comprehensive training curriculum for the training of groups in group dynamics, animal health, animal husbandry, Heifer Cornerstones and business and financial management.
- You will also lead in the development and implementation of sustainability strategy for the community groups.
- Provide overall leadership to the business team in implementing partnerships that will entail provision of specialized business advisory services to address the commercial needs of dairy hubs.
- Degree in Animal Production, Community Development management or other equivalent qualifications plus post graduate qualifications desirable in a relevant professional discipline.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in community development/ project management/rural development work.
- Solid knowledge and experience in extension methodologies and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level
- Demonstrated project cycle management experience.
As indicated, this position is supported by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund, and the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
To apply for these positions please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications is 29th February 2016.f