Heifer International Animal Well Being Program Specialist & Project Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Jobs career: Heifer International Animal Well Being Program Specialist & Project Coordinator Kenya
Career Recruitment: Heifer International Animal Well Being Program Specialist & Project Coordinator Kenya
Heifer International is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable agricultural enterprises.
Heifer international Kenya seeks to fill the positions below to support its country programs
Animal Well Being Program Specialist
Based in the Country Office in Nairobi and working in close collaboration with all Project Coordinators and their respective Livestock Production Officers
The Program Manager – Animal Well-Being will be responsible for ensuring that all Heifer project participants have knowledge and skills to humanely maximize their animals’ productivity and will ensure successful, innovative, efficient, and effective functioning of all Livestock based enterprise hubs in the program.
Reporting to the Director of Programmes you will be responsible for:
- Facilitating the wellbeing of all livestock through the adoption of improved animal management and productivity practices in health care, husbandry and quality assurance standards by beneficiaries in all projects and programs.
- Designing and updating training curriculum and developing training materials on animal health, husbandry, Fodder production and conservation and animal-related issues and arranging trainings for project partners and participants.
- Build innovation in animal production for smallholder farmers, cooperatives/producer associations, etc., to increase efficiency and effectiveness and with the Director of Programmes and Project Coordinators develop business hubs of cooperatives that have backward and forward linkages into the total value chain
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science, Animal Production or equivalent plus two years of job-related experience is required. Knowledge of and experience in working with livestock programs.
- Knowledge of and experience of working with community organizations and in developing extension processes.
- Project cycle management experience.
- Strong leadership, reporting and organizational skills.
Project Coordinator – India Kenya Dairy Development Project
Based in Nakuru, The Project Coordinator will assume overall responsibility for the management and coordination of the India Kenya Dairy Innovation Bridge project which is implemented in partnership with IL&FS India.
The primary responsibility is for the successful implementation of the pilot India Kenya Dairy Innovation Bridge Project but the incumbent will also have a leading role in the scaling up and replication of the hub model in Kenya.
Reporting to the Director of Programmes, you will:
- Assume overall responsibility for the management of the staff, resources and office in the project implementation area of Nakuru County.
- Develop quarterly and annual work plans and budgets for the project and monitor the budgets and work plans to ensure project spending and implementation are on track.
- Produce timely and accurate project reports, at regular monthly, quarterly and annual and biennial as per the project donor contract and the requirements of USAID India and IL&FS funding.
- Facilitate development of business planning and conduct strategic business planning sessions and support in business development for the dairy cooperatives in the project.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Enterprise Development or other related field, plus five (5) years in trade, value chain competitiveness, investment promotion, or agriculture development.
- At least 5 years programme management experience is essential preferably in the dairy sector.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting business, investment analyses, and capital budgeting and sufficient evidence on how the results were used to develop potentially viable business ideas and subsequently tangible businesses.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including in donor project budgets, project and donor reporting, proposal development and monitoring and evaluation.
How to Apply
To apply for these positions please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications is 29th February 2016.