Heifer International Finance & Administration Officer Job in Eldoret Kenya 2014
In Kenya, the second phase of the project will adopt a more private sector led strategy with the overall objective of building significant partnerships with public and private organizations for co-funding, innovative design and overall project expansion.
- Manage and control project financial resources and other assets.
- Maintain project’s accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the preparation of country cash flows and projections, budgets in accordance with the project’s work plan and ensure budgetary controls are followed.
- Ensure effective and efficient procurement system as per organization’s policies and maintain transparent relationship with supplier/clients.
- Prepare project’s bank reconciliations statements.
- Ensure proper recordkeeping by the project and subsequent production of monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Ensure statutory compliance and safekeeping of all administrative records.
- Oversee receipt and verification of various reports from staff including timesheets, vehicle reports and others.
- Ensure effective filing system in the regional office.
- Co-ordinate with Management to ensure compliance with Heifer’s Africa Area Program and headquarters policy manuals.
- Co-ordinate with Programs Division staff to ensure the project’s resources are effectively and efficiently utilized.
- Supervise all staff in accounts and administration departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field plus five (4) years of related experience.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (Part II) or recognition from Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
- Rich knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector with awareness of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
- Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail software (Microsoft Office Suite), and knowledge of accounting software.
- Proficiency in Solomon and Agresso accounting systems or similar accounting packages.
- Ability to determine proper accounting treatment of transactions.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in English and Swahili, both spoken and written.
- Ability to create and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Managing multiple tasks establishing priorities in a time-sensitive environment with the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to assign and review the work of direct reports.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with internal and external colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal, management and analytical skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Willingness to work with flexible schedule and outside of normal business hours.
- Willingness and ability to communicate information to all levels of management and peers.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to travel both locally and internationally.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
P O Box 6416,
Closing date: Friday, 13th December 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.