Heifer International Drivers Jobs in Nairobi & Eldoret Kenya 2014
Summary: Our Client Heifer International is a global nonprofit humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable animal agricultural enterprise.
In Kenya, the second phase of the project will adopt a more private sector led strategy with the overall objective of building significant partnerships with public and private organizations for co-funding, innovative design and overall project expansion.
- Ensure all transport needs are met by providing support to the respective office, staff and visitors.
- Drive company vehicles to designated and authorized destinations.
- Perform daily and routine preventive maintenance schedules of the vehicle including but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights and tyre condition to increase efficiency of the vehicle.
- Report any detected defects in the vehicle and any accidents and incidents promptly.
- Record the vehicle daily usage/trips, maintaining the mileage books and ensuring the safety of the vehicle and its contents.
- Direct and supervise the mechanic on necessary checks and repairs.
- Ensure the vehicle is always clean and in good conditions as well as ensuring that the necessary maintenance is done as scheduled.
- Monitor the expiry and renewal of his driving license, as well as the vehicle insurance and license without causing any inconvenience to the company schedule.
- Observe strictly the Heifer International company rules and regulations as provided for in the policies.
- May perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Secondary education with an O level certificate plus three (3) years’ relevant experience in a non-profit/developmental organization setting.
- Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license.
- Certificate in defensive driving from a sanctioned driving institute.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of vehicle mechanics.
- Strong communication skills both in English and local language of the cluster area.
- Good knowledge of roads and routes.
- Strong adherence to the motor vehicle usage policy, as well as local and national traffic laws, at all times.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of simple clerical work.
- Clean, organized and ready to maintain the assigned vehicle in excellent mechanical condition.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals diplomatically and tactfully.
- Must be courteous, honest and of high integrity, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Self-starter and self-motivator with the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to execute and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and independently complete assigned tasks (written or verbal).
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include early mornings, weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
P O Box 6416,
Closing date: Friday, 13th December 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.