Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Coordinator Vacancy in Kenya – Broadband Communication Networks Limited April 2016
Job opportunity;Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Coordinator in Kenya – Broadband Communication Networks Limited
Career vacancy:Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Coordinator in Kenya – Broadband Communication Networks Limited
To meet our current business goals and objectives, we wish to recruit for the following position:
Reports To: HR & Administration Manager
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Perform facility and field HSE Inspections
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Prefer a Diploma and above in Occupational, Health & Safety sciences or minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position;
- Must have good working knowledge and operationalization of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (2007)
- Experience in setting up OHSAS 18001 management system
- Technical writing a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work different shifts and travel up to 20% of the time
If you meet the minimum requirement and you are up to the challenge, kindly send your resume with the email SUBJECT as HSE COORDINATOR to email@example.com by 14th May 2016.