Health Information Systems Management Specialist Job in Nairobi Kenya – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) April 2016
Job opportunity;Health Information Systems Management Specialist in Nairobi Kenya – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
Career vacancy;Health Information Systems Management Specialist in Nairobi Kenya – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
Vacancy: Health Information Systems Management Specialist
Position Summary: Under the supervision of SI Advisor, the Health Information Systems Management Specialist will coordinate the development, deployment, management and maintenance of the health information systems in use in UMB-supported programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice and general guidance to UMB on the SI IT architecture and framework and contribute to SI IT strategies and plans;
- Provide technical support to UMB staff to support day to day maintenance and proper running of IQcare or other data systems in use in UMB-supported facilities and services
- Support extraction and analysis of data from IQcare or other data systems including merging multiple databases and generation of line lists
- Provide technical advice to technical, operations and SI teams on the use of technology, to enhance business objectives;
- Plan, coordinate and manage major projects based on SI services and business processes including software upgrading, interfacing and development for a new informatics management platform ;
- Implement an electronic platform for reports, charts, and dissemination of best practices;
- Implement e-knowledge management platforms to execute informatics dissemination strategy and support training/learning
- Develop and manage mobile reporting technologies
- Master’s level training in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Experience developing and working with complex data systems, including IQ Care tools and system
- Pleasant personality, flexible, team player, ability to solve problems, work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Innovative with a high degree of initiative
- Project management
- Experience in management of disruptive technology
- Experience in developing Front and Back End applications using Visual Studio
- Knowledge of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite) and database programming
- Experience in Source Code Management systems (SourceSafe)
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.