Position: Health and Safety Officer
Reporting Line: Group Head of Human Resource & Administration
Mission: To manage environmental, health and safety policies, procedures and programs and offer advisory services to senior management, managers, supervisors, or administrators in all health and safety aspects in all company projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out routine and unplanned audits and inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Advice the businesses on matters of environmental health and safety.
- Investigate complaints from staff about hazards at client sites.
- Ensure all safety equipment is tested and maintained in good working order
- Investigate accidents and hazards in the company’s premises.
- Constitute and coordinate the environmental Health and Safety charter, committee and its activities.
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory body.
- Monitor levels of noise, air, land and water pollution that may be caused in the discharge of Parapet services.
Educational and professional requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field and a professional certificate in EHS
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the implementation of Health and Safety standards
- Experience with personal computer, Microsoft, and an HRIS.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and audiences.
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal skills.
How to apply