Head of Warehouse Job in Nairobi Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Head of Warehouse in Nairobi Kenya
Career vacancy;Head of Warehouse in Nairobi Kenya
Head of Warehouse
Our client one of the world’s leading providers of integrated logistics with offices in more than 100 countries is looking to recruit a Head of Warehouse.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience successfully managing dozens of warehouses and ensuring the supply chain is well coordinated as well as give technical support to the business development teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing, monitoring, reviewing and improving security procedures and protocols.
- Coordinate all inventory control processes through regular updates and reviews of inventory reports
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts reconciling with ERP; Coordinating with Finance/ Audit function for stock taking & stock reconciliation
- Ensure that security arrangements are adequate and that procedures are followed to eliminate pilferage and theft
- Complies with shipping, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Ensure all transactions are done in accordance to the SOPs and all staff are continuously trained on the SOPs.
- Ensure the understanding and adherence to standard policies and procedures of the Supply Chain Community
- Provide technical support to the business development teams
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Logistics/ Procurement/ Supply chain
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years in Logistics / Warehouse Operations
- Excellent knowledge of warehouse operations
- A Visionary able to work under minimum supervision
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Highly developed team management skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 31st May 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.