Head of Maintenance Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Head of Maintenance in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Head of Maintenance in Nairobi, Kenya
Job Purpose: The Head of Maintenance – Electrical & Electronic Equipment services shall be responsible for the overall supervision of operation, maintenance and repairs of all electrical power and Sound systems, controls, connections, equipment and appliances.
- Ensuring efficient operation and maintenance of power distribution panels, uninterrupted power supply system and security lighting;
- Scheduling, implementing and supervising equipment and related systems preventive maintenance programs and repairs;
- Overseeing energy management of all equipment; through logs and utility data, determining optimal operating efficiencies and taking necessary corrective measures when variances from standards are excessive;
- Supervising of operation, maintenance and repairs of cooking gas equipment, appliances and gas supply systems;
- Supporting and initiating programs for improvement of procedures and reduction of energy and utility costs;
- Analyzing and monitoring of energy costs and expenditures for machines as assigned;
- Organizing for implementation of physical safety and fire prevention programs;
- Ensuring regular service and monitoring satisfactory completion of work by contractors or in house maintenance colleagues;
- Ensuring workshop(s) are cleaned, neat and are in good operating order;
- Inspecting facilities, equipment and systems; and
- Performing any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Registered Engineering Technician with Engineering Registration Board (ERB) is an added advantage.
- KCSE grade C – (Minus) or its equivalent; and
- At least five (5) years’ experience as an electrical technician;
- Good knowledge of sound systems including, speakers, amplifiers, CD players etc.
- Good communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable codes, standards and legislation pertaining to electrical and gas services;
- Ability to generate electrical and gas maintenance reports;
- Ability to negotiate best prices with suppliers; and
- Be a good team player.
Interested candidates should email their CV and Application letter only to; firstname.lastname@example.org Cc to email@example.com
State your expected salary.