Head of ICT Job in Kenya Feb 2016
Career vacancy: Head of ICT in Kenya
Job opportunity: Head of ICT in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Head of ICT
Job Role: Reporting to the Managing Director, s/he will be responsible for the management of the Placement Service’s ICT Infrastructure environment.
- Provide strategic leadership to the ICT Department and implement strategies to safeguard Institute interests.
- Server, Systems and network support and administration
- Installation and support services on LANs,WANs, network segments, internet and other ICT systems.
- Document business requirements for ICT systems, analyze impact of software changes, prepare technical specifications, develop, configure and perform unit tests as well as provide necessary support during all stages of development.
- Provide systems documentation and use manuals
- Analyze user training needs with regard to ICT systems and organize and execute such trainings as and when need arises
- Advise on, implement and maintain system security and user access controls with regard to ICT systems.
- Analysis, design, programming and implementation of systems.
- Involvement in ICT automation of operations, project implementations, project rollouts, project improvements and system integration projects
- Manage contractual relationships between ICT service providers and the Institute
- Ensure Implementation of the ERP as per approved schedule and recommend effective solutions to the ERP system, processes and customization in line with the Institute’s strategic plan
- Develop new and innovative ICT solutions (intranet, web systems, etc) and/or improve existing systems to solve existing problems and ensure optimal and secure utilization of ICT
- Offer ICT support, installation, maintenance and advice services to users with regard to software, hardware, networking, website updating, backups etc.
- Develop and implement quality guidelines and procedures on hardware and software;
- Analyse computing requirements, identify infrastructure requirements and initiate improvements projects;
- Forecast and plan future programme requirements including modernisation and/or upgrade of existing facilities.
- Develop, deploy and maintain performance monitoring and reporting systems that provide management and technical reports for decision making and operational support;
- Coordinate, schedule and manage information systems to meet user requirements;
- Facilitate automation of all offices including inter-office communication;
- Establish a strong working relationship with external suppliers in order to enhance productivity and manage costs.
- Manage, lead and develop staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT related field
- Professional qualifications in CISA / Systems Administration/Server Administration / Diploma in ICT / programming and related fields required
- 4 years working experience in a busy ICT environment
- Experience/exposure in developing and supporting ERP systems
- Experience/exposure in developing and supporting web applications
- Experience/exposure in computer networking, hardware and software support
- Experience/exposure in Telephone and Data Networking
- Experience in Intranet systems
- Experience/exposure in Database design and development
- Exposure in development and support of web based applications
- Exposure in process automation, systems development, deployment and review
- Exposure in ERP or integrated systems
- Strong networking and systems support skills
- Attention to detail
- High levels of Integrity and Ethics
- Drive for results and achievement
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as HEAD OF ICT before or on 26th February 2016.