Haltons Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Technologist Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Haltons Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Technologis in Kenya
Career vacancy:Haltons Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Technologist in Kenya
Vacancy: Pharmaceutical Technologist
General Purpose of the role: The Pharmaceutical Technologist major role is to stock and dispense drugs to Haltons Pharmacy clients.
He/she is also responsible in providing excellent customer service to the clients.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Helps patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; dispensing medicine.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs & preparing ageing reports as often as possible.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment by complying with company standard operating procedures & government regulation. He/she cleans the floors and dump dusts the shelves.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for dispensing by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges as well as issuing cash sale receipts.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and other clientele.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information and sending them on time as required in the standard operating procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conducting marketing activities together with the branch team and ensuring individual and branch sales targets are met/or exceeded.
- Take responsibility of his/her shop by ensuring that all operations of the shop are running smoothly and reporting any anomalies and breakages.
- Adhere to the Dangerous Drug Act regulation
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed to the letter and timely feedback given
- Any other duty assigned by the Branch manager, Regional Manager or senior management staff.
Code of conduct required
- He/She must always be clean, smart and well groomed in uniform when on duty.
- He/She must be ready and willing to provide exemplary customer service in accordance to company brand and policies.
- He/She must adhere to the working hours as per shifts allocated; any absence from work must be reported in good time.
- He/she must always wear the Haltons staff I.D when on duty.
- He/she must keep the clients’ information confidential.
- He/she must adhere to the organization’s reporting structure.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent team player
- Negotiation skills.
- Able to achieve targets and to achieve organizational change.
- Strong written, reading and spoken English Language skills.
- IT literate.
- Excellent use of MS Office and Email (MUST).
- Customer focused and always willing to go the extra mile.
- Excellent communication skills with proven email etiquette.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a reputable institution
- Pharmacy & Poisons Board certification- desired but not a must
- One year experience post internship in a busy retail pharmacy.
- Excellent use of Pharmacore system.
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications which MUST include a cover letter, CV and copies of relevant testimonials to email@example.com and through our website www.haltons.co.ke
Due to the urgency of the positions applications will be reviewed as they come. Somali speaking candidates urged to apply.
Only qualified & shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend interviews.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Areas of work are Nairobi Region & Thika.
We encourage applicants residing in these areas to apply.
Please indicate your area of preference in your application.