Group Legal Officer Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Group Legal Officer in Kenya
Career vacancy:Group Legal Officer in Kenya
Business Partner Consultants Limited is one of the leading HR & Business Solutions consulting firms in the East, Central and Southern Africa Region.
Our vision is to deliver best value that business and people can find through partnering in Strategy, Organization and People.
Our client is a well-established market leader in the Banking, Media, Hospitality and Social development sectors and seeks to engage with a professional, dynamic and self-respecting talent in the position of:-
Group Legal Officer
Main Purpose of the Job: Provide legal advice to the company as well as SBUs in all legal matters and ensure their compliance with the law under the supervision of the Group Legal & Regulatory Affairs Manager.
- Provides legal support including drafting of contracts and advice to all departments and subsidiaries of the Company.
- Provides necessary operational legal framework such as standard contracts for use within the company and its subsidiaries.
- Review, negotiate and draft legal contracts and other legal documents to successful conclusions in terms of contract construction and sign off.
- Works with the subsidiary companies in the development of agreements with public and private entities for the acquisition and implementation of services and projects.
- Directs all aspects of litigation of claims by and against the Group of companies, including but not limited to personal injury, contract, environmental, discrimination and workers’ compensation claims.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of in-house and outside legal counsel retained by the Company for one or more specialized types of assignments.
- Assists with Company Secretarial work including taking minutes and preparing Board packs.
- Keeps abreast with the changing legal climate and advices the companies accordingly.
- Maintains familiarity with general legal areas such as torts, contracts, ethics, Conveyance, litigation and arbitration, as well as with assigned areas of legal specialization and related technical fields
- Ensure compliance to Laws, By-Laws and legislative requirements in all corporate matters.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- In charge of registers such as the title, seal, logbook and company registration documents.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Keeps track of all conveyance matters and instructions to external advocates.
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in management
- Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
Job Skills & Personal Competencies
- Good interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Business acumen
- Leadership skills
- Computer skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Bachelor of laws Degree (LLB) from a recognized institution.
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- At least 4 years’ work experience
Qualifying candidates to kindly send their detailed CVs on or before 15th May, 2016 to the following address:
Email address: email@example.com
Business Partner Consultants (BPC)
Tel: +254 712 316 888
(Only qualifying & job-matching candidates will be contacted)