Graphic Designer Job Vacancy – Kenya Institute of Management May 2016
Job opportunity;Graphic Designer – Kenya Institute of Management
Career vacancy;Graphic Designer – Kenya Institute of Management
Vacancy: Graphic Designer
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities.
Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
We achieve this through our service / product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI / COYA / SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit results-oriented and self-driven experienced professional to join our team in the following positions:
Purpose of the Job: The role of the Graphic Designer is to design the monthly MANAGEMENT® Magazine as well as develop marketing and communications creatives for the Institute and other clients.
The position holder will report to the Head of Communication & Corporate Affairs and will liaise closely with various sections and outside clients, to ensure that work is appropriately done in line with laid out guidelines and delivered within agreed timelines.
- Design of MANAGEMENT® Magazine to ensure timeliness and readership appeal.
- Effective manage work-flow to meet design deadlines for all creatives required
- Manage resources within the section effectively.
- Constant research of various design concepts to ensure fresh and innovative creatives for all marketing and communications needs.
- Liaise with the Editor to ensure strict deadlines and standards are adhered to in the production of MANAGEMENT® Magazine.
- Liaise with the Photographer in directing cover photos for MANAGEMENT® Magazine.
- Participate in the development of media/photo library to service all clients both internal and external.
- Archive and back up all creatives effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that a daily log of incoming and executed design jobs is well kept.
- Download and catalogue photos from subscribed online sources.
- Produce monthly work reports.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- University degree in Graphic Design or Diploma in Graphic Design with relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years as a Graphic Designer
- Excellent computer skills especially Adobe In-design suite
- Good publishing and printing knowledge
- Excellent creative skills
- Energy and ability to work irregular hours
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to scan and manipulate images
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Highly creative, and passionate about exploring new ideas.
- Ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and critical thinking skills are required.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills.
- Have well developed interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Impressive presentation skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements/ qualifications and are interested in an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that embraces mutual respect and support, then we would like to hear from you.
Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Close of Business 13th May 2016.
The Head of Human Capital
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O. Box 43706-00100
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer.