Graphic Design Assistant Job Vacancy – Kenya Institute of Management May 2016
Job opportunity;Graphic Design Assistant – Kenya Institute of Management
Career vacancy:Graphic Design Assistant – Kenya Institute of Management
Vacancy: Assistant, Graphic Design
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities.
Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
We achieve this through our service / product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI / COYA / SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit results-oriented and self-driven experienced professional to join our team in the following positions:
Assistant, Graphic Design
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Graphic Designer, the role of the Assistant, Graphic Design will be to assist the Graphic Design in developing creatives for the Institute’s marketing and communication materials by ensuring that design briefs are well captured and creatively executed within the brand guidelines and agreed timelines.
- Develop creative graphic designs for print and online media. This will include, direct mail-shots, branded promotional items, website and social media graphics, posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, reports and other marketing and communication materials as needed.
- Receive briefs from various clients (both internal and external) for design execution
- Keep a log of incoming and executed design jobs daily
- Download and catalogue photos from subscribed online sources
- Research on the latest design trends to ensure top creativity in executing the design jobs
- Ensure the all jobs are done within the expected timelines
- Prepare monthly reports to show jobs executed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Diploma in Graphic Design
- Minimum of 6 months as a graphic designer.
- Excellent computer skills especially Adobe In-design suite
- Energy and ability to work irregular hours
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to scan and manipulate images
- Good publishing and printing knowledge
- Highly creative, and passionate about exploring new ideas.
- Ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and critical thinking skills are required.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills.
- Have well developed interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Impressive presentation skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements/ qualifications and are interested in an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that embraces mutual respect and support, then we would like to hear from you.
Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Close of Business 13th May 2016.
The Head of Human Capital
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O. Box 43706-00100
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer.