GIZ FSDRP Project County Programme Advisors Jobs in Siaya, Bungoma and Kakamega Kenya June 2014
Brief introduction of the project: The GIZ Food Security and Drought Resilience Programme (FSDRP) is being implemented in 3 Counties in Western Kenya (Siaya, Bungoma and Kakamega) and in 2 Counties from Northern Kenya (Marsabit and Turkana).
In Western Counties the programme will aim at contributing to food Security through improved agricultural productivity. At County level the key intervention will involve strengthening the capacity of county institutions responsible for agriculture to plan and implement sustainable agricultural development.
Specifically the CPA will provide professional advice on agricultural development in relation to the County Integrated Development Plans (CIDPs), Medium Term Plan (MTP II), Agricultural Sector Development Strategy (ASDS) and other related national plans, support participatory planning processes, as well as implementation and monitoring of agricultural development in the County.
- In partnership with designated Development Advisor in the region, advice on the overall agricultural development planning of the counties and resource allocation with specific focus to agricultural productivity, food security and resilience building.
- In liaison with County partners as well as civil society provide leadership in overall planning and implementation of project activities in the County.
- Participation in planning processes towards capacity development and development strategies.
- Coordination of the human capacity development (HCD) initiatives by the programme.
- Support innovation management, analysis of important projects and documents in the County and support generation of concept project papers for probable County agricultural investments.
- Support M&E (data management and systems) and specifically progress monitoring and reporting.
- Support knowledge management at programme level (through participation in strategy discussions) and other mechanisms.
- Networking, cooperation and communication with all stakeholders.
- Support administration of finances, personnel and related facilities (office & equipments and project vehicles among others) provided by the programme for the County.
- Support coordination and logistical requirements for assignments by local and international consultants within the County.
- The County Programme Advisor will undertake any other responsibilities or duties assigned by the Component leader or any of the delegated deputies of the Programme.
- University degree in Agricultural, livestock production, rangeland management, agricultural extension, irrigation, rural development, economic sciences or any other related field. Masters Degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in a senior management position in food security and/or rural development programmes or related sectors either with a government, international or private development agency.
- Extensive knowledge in project management and coordination at regional level
- Good knowledge of logical and operational planning and integration of cross-cutting issues (e.g. corruption, conflict, gender, environment).
- Proven experience in working with multiple stakeholders including ministries.
- Experience in working with private sector and/or Civil Society (NGOs and CBOs).
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling GIZ values and ethical standards.
- Good knowledge and willingness to promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of GIZ.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrates fairness (treating all people fairly without favouritism) and integrity
- In-depth practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation and monitoring of management programmes/projects.
- Solid knowledge in financial resources and human resources management, contracting, inventory management and procurement, information and communication technology and general administration.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to lead effectively, mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure.
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Excellent communication skills in English and Kiswahili (written and spoken).
- Knowledge and competency in to communicate in relevant local languages is an advantage
- Willingness to be based in the rural areas (within the programme areas).
P.O. Box 41607, 00100
Clearly marked: JA/CPA/09/2014 – WESTERN KENYA
By: 14th July 2014 2pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.