General Factory Manager Job in Kenya June 2014
Job Description: The General Factory Manager will be required to lead, direct, and control the day-to-day activities of the Factory to achieve the short and medium-term financial and operating objectives set by the overall corporate business plan.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of department heads and operational managers to ensure that the plant meets its established targets and standards
- Set and monitor the performance of the plant against standards and targets in areas such as manufacturing and operating efficiency, quality, cost control, administration efficiency, legal compliance, inventory control, finished goods distribution, and human resource management.
- Responsible for meeting established operating budgets; monitor the cost and effectiveness of production activities to optimise resources, prioritise spending, and achieve volume, quality, and manufacturing standards.
- Ensure that all requisite intermediates are distributed to all co-packers in time and right quality
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to Quality Risk Management Process (QRMP) in factory
- Ensure smooth and cordial employee relations and also external environment
- Research, evaluate, and recommend investments in technology, capital, equipment, systems, or other assets that will enhance the plant’s production capabilities.
- Support VP Operations in developing a variety of operating policies and procedures to ensure that the plant meets it current and future production targets and quality standards
- Ensuring targeted occupancy rate for the year for his team
- Responsible for Performance Management System for his team (goal setting, mid-year review, annual review)
- Developing and executing individual developing plans(training & development needs) for his team with support from HR team
- Ensuring high levels of engagement and productivity for his team
Essential Skills: Good people management, negotiation skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering,Operations or A Business Related Course in Management Coupled with more than 7 Years Experience in Management
- 7 – 15 years of experience
- Revenue and/or Operational expense accountability: Manpower costs, factory running costs, CAPEX expenditures for factory, all material losses