Gender Support Officer Job in Tanzania April 2016
Job vacancy;Gender Support Officer in Tanzania
Career opportunity:Gender Support Officer in Tanzania
Minimum of three (3) years’ of relevant experience in gender mainstreaming into projects/programs.
I. Background: The client is a private, non-denominational, development agency promoting creative solutions to problems that impede social development.
Are you interested in finding innovative ways to improve education opportunities for children of East Africa?
The project is currently in its fourth quarter of its third year of implementation, and is scheduled to end in December 2017.
II. Job Objective:
- Coordinating gender mainstreaming
- Providing technical support to the project team
- Knowledge management and sharing
- Monitoring and reporting on gender issues
- Set priorities, and develop and implement a clear and comprehensive gender action plan to redress gender concerns within respective implementing agencies.
- Provide input and comments on development of project/program plans, budgets, reports and agency policies, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review, edit, and comment on gender achievements contained in the agency monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual progress reports as appropriate.
- Provide advice and support to project staff, managers, and partners on the SESEA Gender Equality Strategy and implementation of key gender components across all activities
- Analyze and ensure interventions are sensitive and responsive to gender issues in education, within respective project locations.
- Support the updating and sharing of recent developments and knowledge tools in the areas of interventions.
- Participate in program team meetings, campaigns, and civil society forums and ensure gender topics are considered and discussed.
- Assist in data collection, compiling lessons learned, and establishing indicators to support knowledge sharing.
- Assist in the development of concept notes and project documents on gender issues, as directed by the supervisor.
- Participate in the gender-related community of practice in the region.
- Support the writing of stories related to program and project developments, as they relate to gender equality issues.
- Provide support to different partners/civil society organizations in all project activities.
- Work with teams to review training resources, and monitor and report on project-related gender issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, particularly gender studies, education, or the social sciences.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of relevant experience in gender mainstreaming into projects/programs.
- Experience working with NGOs, government agencies, and donor-funded projects.
- Experience in conducting gender reviews, gender integration, and implementing gender equality activities in international development projects, particularly in the education sector.
- Knowledge of and in experience of results-based monitoring and evaluation, with particular attention to assessing gender equality results.
- Superb analytical, organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to meet strict reporting deadlines and produce results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Training in project planning, management, and Monitoring and Evaluation is an added asset.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, take initiative, and manage a variety of activities simultaneously.
- Flexible, innovative, and dynamic team player with strong facilitation and coordination skills.
- Willingness to travel to project locations within the respective project implementation sites.
- Experience in the East African development context is an asset.
- Experience with Global Affairs, Canada and other bilateral donors is an asset.
- Language proficiency in Kiswahili (Tanzania) is strongly recommended.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV in word format, and names and contact information of three referees by 20th April, 2016 to e-mail to: email@example.com