GA Insurance Risk and Compliance Officer Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;GA Insurance Risk and Compliance Officer in Kenya
Career vacancy;GA Insurance Risk and Compliance Officer in Kenya
Overall Responsibilities: To facilitate identification of risks, assessment, monitoring and reporting of risks in line with the Corporation’s Enterprise Risk Management framework.
In addition, undertake risk quantification and modeling as well as assist in conducting reviews to evaluate compliance to various legal and other internal guidelines.
- Conduct reviews to evaluate compliance to laws, regulations and internal procedures.
- Scanning environmental risks and identifying new threats and opportunities that may impact on the business.
- Create awareness on risk management to facilitate embedding of a risk conscious culture across the Company.
- Follow-up proactively on action plans put in place by management or the various risk committees to address risk exposures and report on the same.
- In conjunction with management, facilitate the identification and assessment of risks in line with the Corporation’s Enterprise Risk Management framework and updating outcomes in the risk registers.
- Monitor risks and prepare reports to management and other risk committees on various aspects of risk management e.g. reports of monitoring key risk indicators.
- Conduct risk modelling in line with the various established risk analysis models. A good understanding of the Solvency II or Basel frameworks is critical.
- Conduct risk analysis and quantification financial and insurance risks through sensitivity analyses and stress testing for financial and insurance risks as well as major projects in the organization.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA or it’s Equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in Risk Management or Compliance.
- Good communication skills.