Furniture Industry Sales Officer Job in Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Furniture Industry Sales Officer in Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy:Furniture Industry Sales Officer in Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Vacancy: Sales Officer
Job Ref: VW/SO/1
Our client is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. They are backed by European and American investment.
They are looking for a Sales Officer who will focus on marketing furniture making materials to retail shops supplying Fundis as well as larger-scale furniture workshops.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional with strong customer relations skills to take up a business-to-business sales role.
The incumbent will be based at their office in Embakasi but will travel regularly within and outside Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and grow relationships within the furniture manufacturing industry
- Use industry networks and other means to generate new leads on an on-going basis
- Develop a strong understanding of competitors and competing products on the market
- Pursue sales leads, research prospects and make initial sales calls
- Make product presentations which show an in-depth understanding of our products and the client’s needs
- Offer recommendations to your supervisor about creditworthiness of new customers
- Close sales and place orders with our warehouse
- Take responsibility for placing orders according to credit rules and credit limit established by your supervisor
- Manage customers’ payment schedule and ensure that customers don’t run outstanding balances beyond the credit limit
- Build long-term relationships with clients and service recurring order needs
- Provide all customer support required by the clients in your portfolio.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- Furniture industry knowledge or experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and success developing productive professional relationships
- A mature professional who can comfortably relate with business owners and senior purchasing managers
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organisation and team
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted