Job Purpose Summary: Managing sales to GROW business in the field by improving sales and promotions nationally.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities (the most important end results you are expected to achieve)
- Increase sales coverage area, strengthen presence and grow business in the General Trade (G.T).
- New business development. Entering into new markets and generating innovative ideas to capitalize on them.
- Drive trade promotional activities to grow business by issuing profitable accounts, control of selling, administration costs and other approved accounts such as rebates, discounts, merchandising fees, advertising allowance e.t.c.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis of sales opportunities, monitor regional sales representative performance and activities across sales and business development, developing customer and competitors’ activities and market trends.
- Work closely with other departments and cross functional teams to review progress, resolve issues and ensure high level of customer satisfaction during sales engagement.
- Sales Business Processes: Ensure the sales team nurture consistent sales process, policies, and rules of engagement and enforce these processes through sales administration.
- Training: educating sales team about FMCG sales process and tools: coordinate training initiatives and delivery for sales teams as well as motivating the team and recommend strategies to address areas of weakness.
- A graduate from recognized university with a degree in business related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fast moving consumer goods.
- Some proven managerial skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- Expertise with all phases of the sales and business development lifecycle. (Prior sales experience preferred)
- Experience managing personnel and contributing toward the development of department strategy
- Prior experience working with fast growing/emerging organizations.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft office
- Works well under pressure; flexible and adaptable
- Resourceful, Hard-working and energetic
- A clean driving license is essential.
- Be willing to travel in the region.
- Meet sales performance targets.
- On time performance, work ethic and quality of the Sales Team.
- Accurate forecasts, updates and requested reports to the National Sales Manager
- Mentoring of direct reports and peers
- Effective merchandizing in all the outlets
- Availability of product(s) in all outlets – no stock outs
- A motivated sales team
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing.