General Manager Operations – Flower Farm
The primary responsibility is to efficiently manage the multi-site farm operations of the region and ensure excellent customer and vendor satisfaction so that the company is able to meet the financial goals and objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing farm operations budgeting, forecasting and performance to expectations
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by each farm and department (Operations, Safety, HR, etc.)
- Attract, retain and motivate farm operations staff
- Report and share information with management and corporate executives to ensure they are kept fully informed of regional activities
- Manage all aspects of the farm’s flower production
- Ensure a steady supply of a variety of marketable flowers
- Organize a bouquet-making process that practices efficiency, while maintaining high quality, beautiful bouquets for markets,
- Maintain and improve crop plan, sowing schedules, seed orders, and inventory
- Conduct varietal research and trialing
- planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters;
- practical activities, e.g. driving tractors, operating machinery, feeding livestock, spraying fields, etc;
- ensuring that farm activities comply with government regulations;
- monitoring animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets;
- Ensure health and safety standards across the farm estate;
- protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- BSc Degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or other related field.
- 5 years or more experience in operations in Floriculture/Horticulture
- Prior Experience in financial management and budgeting
- CPA a plus
Qualified Candidates to send in their CVs to email@example.com on or before 14th October, 2015.
Kindly indicate the title of the position on the email subject.