Finance Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya – Living Water Service Centre April 2016
Job opportunity;Finance Manager in Kenya – Living Water Service Centre
Career vacancy;Finance Manager in Kenya – Living Water Service Centre
Living Water Service Centre seeks to recruit for the following positions:
- Maintain up-to-date financial systems and ensure all procedures and controls are implemented in accordance with established LWI policies, donor guidelines & regulations, country laws & GAAP principles.
- Establish or modify financial procedures when required and contribute to the overall financial development of LWSC and attainment of its long term strategic objectives;
- Maintain a set of complete and accurate financial records, including all relevant supporting documentation for each project and contractual transactions.
- Manage monthly payroll payments and reconciliations to the relevant authorities.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the finance section, including cash disbursements, cash receipts, collection
- Regularly forecast cash flow based on the work plan by the Organization, making sure that all parts of the organization have enough cash and advise management where there are gaps.
- Manage bank accounts, funds request and transfers between head-office, country office and field offices.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and submit to country Director, Regional Office & LWI Headquarters
- Monitor and report on project and country office income and expenditure;
- Ensure LWI computerized accounting system (QuickBooks) is up-to-date and maintained
- Provide timely financial management information and advice to the Country Director and respond to any financial questions;
- Provide support and guidance during preparation of annual budgets and key in approved budgets into Quick Books
- Assist in the Country Director in preparation of financial accounts for internal reviews, external audit purposes and preparation of responses to auditors;
- Ensure an efficient financial flow process and timely payments for the goods and services required for the implementation of project activities.
- Regularly up-date fixed asset register in Quick Books
- Provide capacity building on financial policies, procedures and documentation to the Finance Assistant, field staff and Senior Management Team
- Assist with budgeting and or estimate reviews of proposals, concept notes and other finance documents for LWSC fund raising initiatives.
- MBA or its equivalent in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration with a bias in Finance
- Qualified Professional Accountant – CPA (K) or ACCA
- At least 7 years Financial management experience, 5 years of which must be in major grant management
- Proven knowledge and working experience of QuickBooks accounting system;
- Proven skills in managing several roles at the same time;
- Experience in managing a team;
- Attention to detail;
- Highly proficient in English both orally and written;
- Proficiency in writing finance reports
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to drive with a clean driving license will be added advantage
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (one page only) explaining their suitability and a CV with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 traceable references – professional, spiritual and general.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
LWI is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications to be submitted via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach scanned certificates.
Closing date for applications is 13th May 2016.
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.