Field Enumerators Jobs in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity:Field Enumerators in Kenya
Career vacancy:Field Enumerators in Kenya
Background: This baseline is to be conducted as an integral step towards the establishment of Green innovation centres which is one of the components of the broader GIZ vision of “One world zero hunger”.
Purpose: The enumerator will be responsible for carrying out the interview with individuals selected specifically at the household level (House hold survey).
Responsibilities and Tasks of the enumerator:
- Under go 3 day training in Kisumu town
- Conduct test trials before the commencement of the actual house hold survey
- Study and understand all instruction included in the enumerators guide and provided through the preceding training
- Coordinate with the supervisor on how to carry out the survey and to report daily work done;
- Check that material necessary to carry out the survey is sufficient, appropriate and accurate;
- Introduce yourself, explaining who you are and for who you are working in a manner that facilitates the participation of individuals in the survey;
- Accurately capture and record data from the household surveys
- Double check and revise the survey at the end of the survey in order to correct mistakes and sign off on completed surveys as verification of the accuracy of the survey.
- Ensure adherence to the Code of Conduct for Enumerators.
Training in Kisumu: 23 – 26 May
Pilot survey: 27 – 28 May
Field survey: 30 May – 23 June
- Ability to read and write
- Fluent in English, Kiswahili and local languages in the target counties
- Advanced level certificate (university education desired)
- Competencies in community mobilization and facilitation/training and good understanding of rural livelihoods
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements above, please send your application letter and CV plus telephone contacts to:
Head of Human Resources and Development Department
Sustainet East Africa
Email: email@example.com , copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be received by 4.00 pm Monday, 13 th May 2016.