FEP Holdings Group Legal Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity:FEP Holdings Group Legal Officer in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy:FEP Holdings Group Legal Officer in Nairobi, Kenya
Job Title: Group Legal Officer
Section: FEP Holdings Limited
Section: FEP Holdings Limited
Job Category: Management
Reports To: Group Legal Manager
Job Grade: E
Location / Branch: Nairobi
Main Purpose of the Job: Provide assistance to the Group Legal & Regulatory Affairs Manager in all her duties as well as to provide legal advice to the company as well as SBUs in all legal matters and to ensure their compliance with the law under the supervision of the Group Legal & Regulatory Affairs Manager.
- Provides legal support including drafting of contracts and advice to all departments and subsidiaries of the Company.
- Provides necessary operational legal framework such as standard contracts for use within FEP Holdings and its subsidiaries.
- Review, negotiate and draft legal contracts and other legal documents to successful conclusions in terms of contract construction and sign off.
- Performs and assigns general litigation services for the Company.
- Works with the subsidiary companies in the development of agreements with public and private entities for the acquisition and implementation of services and projects.
- Directs all aspects of litigation of claims by and against the Group of companies, including but not limited to personal injury, contract, environmental, discrimination and workers’ compensation claims.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of in-house and outside legal counsel retained by the Company for one or more specialized types of assignments.
- Assists with Company Secretarial work including taking minutes and preparing Board packs. Keeps abreast with the changing legal climate and advices the companies accordingly.
- Recommends opportunities or required changes to take advantage of new legal and regulatory developments and likely trends Process.
- Maintains familiarity with general legal areas such as torts, contracts, ethics, Conveyance, litigation and arbitration, as well as with assigned areas of legal specialization and related technical fields
- Ensure compliance to Laws, By-Laws and legislative requirements in all corporate matters.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- In charge of registers such as the title, seal, logbook and company registration documents.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Keeps track of all conveyance matters and instructions to external advocates.
- Follow up on advocates fee notes to external advocates.
- Negotiating with outside parties, outside counsel, vendors and clients.
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems involving the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Delivery of key standard contracts to SBUs.
- Coordination of external legal counsel
- Keeping abreast of new laws in relations to the SBUs.
- Providing risk management advice to management and the SBUs.
Direct Reports: Legal Assistant
- Departmental Heads
- Commercial Managers
- External Counsel
- Diploma in Law (Kenya School of Law)
- Degree in Law
- Advocate of the High court of Kenya
- Computer skills
- 4 Years’ work experience
All qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating their current/most recent and expected salary by latest Friday 20th May, 2016