Feb 2016 School Librarian Career Recruitment Nyeri Kenya
Job vacancy: Librarian Employment Kenya 2016
Job Description: Today Librarian Work Kenya
It requires clear guidelines to be issued and displayed to all users on how to preserve the environment and resource in a way that all of the school community can study what they need to in a peaceful way.
Tenure: The appointment is permanent and will be reviewed every year as part of the performance appraisal.
- Selection, acquisition and evaluation of library materials.
- Ordering and receiving of textbooks requested by teachers.
- Analyse and evaluate library and information services and materials.
- Maintain the organisation of library materials.
- Perform original cataloguing and classification and enter data of each item into the library’s automated system.
- Ensure efficient retrieval by users through personal guidance and shelf guides, labeling of shelves and stacks.
- Prepare reports related to library and information services.
- Conduct user education to all new members of the School community.
- Process resources for placement on shelf: – accessioning, covering, affixing barcodes and genre labels, preparing and affixing spine labels.
- Maintain inventories, compile statistics and generate reports as required.
- Establish, implement and maintain library and information and collections management policies and procedures.
- Shelf reading and weeding.
- Develop and maintain collections management policies and procedures.
- Circulation and reference services.
- Repair and mending of library materials.
- Issuing of exercise books.
- Line-manage the assistant librarian by providing advice, assigning duties and providing guidance and training when appropriate.