Feb 2016 Managing Editor Jobs Recruitment Nairobi, Kenya
Career Vacancy: Managing Editor Employment Kenya 2016
Job Description: Today Managing Editor Work Kenya
Career Vacancy: Managing Editor – Nairobi
Janta Kenya Limited is a leading recruitment company in Kenya. Due to expansion we are seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual for the above mentioned position.
Job Summary: He/she will be responsible for overseeing an efficient publishing cost.
The day to day operations, supervising several editors, designers and writers and making sure they work together as a cohesive unit in order to create a strong publication.
- Develop a calendar for publishing cycles of all handbooks, slide presentations, learning activities, and ‘Pearls’, ensuring necessary resources are assigned and available at the appropriate times.
- Coordination of remote team of authors to meet print and web publishing deadlines
- Development and quality control of templates and layout of articles and PowerPoint slides.
- Management of online file-sharing for authors, editors and print/web publishers
- Close liaison with marketing and operations teams to coordinate publishing cycles with course dates and marketing schedules.
- Ensure all templates are readily available Janta Kenya file sharing site.
- Working with the web development team for uploading newly-published material online
- Build excellent working relationships with all members of the editorial team
- Coordinate and attend monthly face-to-face meeting with Editor in-Chief, to review schedules, priorities, operational issues, and forward planning.
- Close review of initial authors’ articles and slides, and regular spot-checking of all articles and slides, to ensure they match the visual and font templates specified by the Company
- Ongoing update, development, and dissemination of templates as required (in coordination with marketing team).
- Close follow up with all authors and editors to ensure that all publishing deadlines are met.
- Liaise closely with the Marketing and Operations teams to ensure marketing, publishing, and distribution schedules are smoothly coordinated, well in advance.
- Proof-checking of final handbook (in coordination with authors, editors and Marketing team) prior to printing
- A bachelors degree in English or Journalism/Mass communication
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have computer skills and ability to keep up with new publishing and information gathering technologies
- Assertive, able to be firm and have direct (but courteous) discussions when needed
- Confident decision making, ensuring all outcomes have been explored, including Team members where necessary
- Initiative and able to work independently, taking the initiative and managing own priorities
- Relationship building i.e. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain relationships with the Team and 3 rd party agencies
- Proactive Efficient, organized, disciplined with a strong attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable & keen approach
- Work effectively under pressure -able to manage a variety of projects simultaneously
- Fun factor Able to demonstrate a sense of humour (often!)
Do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.