Feb 2016 Excavator Operator Career Recruitment Awendo, Migori County, Kenya
Job vacancy: Excavator Operator Employment Kenya 2016
Job Description: Today Excavator Operator Work Kenya
Job Ref.: AJS- 264080Job Location: Awendo, Migori County
Industry: Mining / Quarrying
- Looking for an experienced Excavator Operator.
- Must be able to backfill and cleanup work sight with the equipment.
- Must maintain the equipment to company standards.
- Must have experience.
- Operating equipment of different ratings as authorized; routine checks and maintenance of the equipment
- Preparing monthly and weekly service schedules and ensuring they are followed
- Mechanically inclined is an asset. Able to carry out filter and oil changes and simple adjustments not requiring special tools
- Safety tickets are an asset.
- Depending on the contracts, there are times where you may be working by yourself, or run other equipment.
Your responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Operating, servicing, repairing and carrying out all preventive and corrective activities on the machine assigned to you in Awendo Quarry.
- Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, bulldozers, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during quarrying and related activities.
- Operate bulldozers or other heavy equipment to clear brush.
- Operate power shovels to excavate rock, ore or other materials.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment.
- Use different excavator attachments such as a grab and sorting bucket
- Liaise with contractors and employees to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site at all times
- Assisting with truck and machine maintenance
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade ‘D’ plain and above or equivalent qualification from a recognised Institution.
- Have passed the Suitability Test for Plant Operators Grade III;
- Possess a valid driving license with current endorsements for class(es) of machine(s) that one may be required to operate;
- Be able to operate at least two (2) Plants of ‘difficult rating’ C;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognised Institution;
- A valid certificate of Good conduct from the Kenya Police
- At least three (3) years Plant Operation experience
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Operate heavy equipment
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment
- Perform minor repairs to equipment
- Secure special attachments to equipment
The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews