Farm Manager Job in Siaya County, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Farm Manager in Siaya County, Kenya
Career vacancy:Farm Manager in Siaya County, Kenya
Vacancy: Farm Manager
VALUE Farms Limited is a commercial enterprise embedded in the community concept. VALUE Farms focuses on land consolidation for commercial agriculture by utilizing the available, permanent and dependable water resources for irrigation.
Its current agricultural strategy is Value addition and Market linkages including packaging and distribution of large scale agricultural production of legumes and integrated farming of high value horticultural crops including yellow passion fruits.
The impact of VALUE farms activities are income generation, revitalization of agricultural infrastructures development, market linkages and Social inclusion.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the following positions;
Job Title: Farm Manager
Station: Siaya County with frequent travel to Homa-bay County
Salary: KES. 35,000/-
Overall responsibility: Planning, organizing and managing all activities of the farm and the farm workers in both siaya and Homa-bay counties and ensuring that there is economic utilization of resources for maximum farm output and profitability.
Position reports to: The Executive Director
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Business Management
- Plan, direct and coordinate farm activities to ensure that the business goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters.
- Championing the Implementation process of the farming activities and ensuring that the farm targets are achieved.
- Identifying any operational business risks and taking appropriate actions.
- Participating in the development of the annual farm budgets.
- Monitoring progress against budget trends or variances.
- Making requisitions and purchases for farm supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts or lubricants, and tools.
2. Personnel Management
- Maintaining a team of quality staff and enhancing the farm’s reputation as an employer.
- Managing personnel records.
- Investigating grievances and settling disputes to maintain harmony among workers.
- Regularly calling staff meetings to disseminate the company agendas and expectations.
- Obtaining and maintaining staff duty rosters on a daily basis from the supervisors
- Managing employee exit
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
3. Production Management
- Responsible for achieving the farm production targets by ensuring that best agricultural practices, company policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
4. Stock management
- Managing all stock associated with the farm business and ensuring that there is zero variance between what is recorded in the system and what is physically in the store.
5. Record Keeping
- Maintain all farm records in an accurate and timely manner
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Minimum Degree qualification in Agribusiness or Related field from a recognized university 2-3 years farm work experience in a medium size company Ability to work under pressure.
- Personal skills and attributes required
- Excellent analytical and entrepreneurial skills Good interpersonal skills Proven leadership skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Value Farms Limited together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials and three referees.
Send Applications to email@example.com
The deadline for submission is Monday, 23rd May 2016.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.