Farm Concern International HR Intern Career in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity:Farm Concern International HR Intern in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy:Farm Concern International HR Intern in Nairobi, Kenya
Farm Concern International (FCI)
Job Title: Human Resource Intern
Reference Code: FCI/ AO/2016
Location: Africa Office – Nairobi
Farm Concern International (FCI), is an Africa-wide Market and Trade Development Organization focused on commercialization of smallholder farmers and agro-pastoral communities.
FCI systematically develops modern marketing concepts and builds business relationships through strategic alliances to enhance competitiveness in the market place, economic growth, sustainability and profitability of agro-enterprises in various African countries.
Main purpose of the job: In liaison with the HR Team the intern will provide effective administrative and operational support in the various human resource functions to ensure optimal contribution of HR to the organisation as well as to ensure the smooth operations and support to other FCI Hubs and Countries.
Duties and responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection
- Coordinating staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure
- Providing advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment
- Preparing notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Scheduling and organizing interviews
- Participating in applicant interviews
- Conducting reference checks on possible candidates
- Preparing, developing and implementing procedures and policies on staff recruitment
- Inform unsuccessful applicants
- Ensuring leave is scheduled at the beginning of the year for every employee in specific projects
- Ensuring there are accurate records of all leave taken and balances
- Liaising with the project managers to ensure the leaves are taken as scheduled
- Preparing leave reports and submitting them to the Snr – Human Resource Officer.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place as well as providing advice and assistance in writing the JDs.
- Coordinating with the Management and project managers in ensuring the employee performance appraisals are scheduled and done.
- Ensuring the probation reviews are conducted on new staff members and confirmation of appointments issued.
- Ensuring the staff contracts are renewed at the right time before expiry of contracts and review thereof.
- Preparing appraisal and review reports and submitting them to the Snr – Human Resource Officer.
General HR Administration
- Monitoring staff attendance, staff absences and recommending solutions to solve attendance difficulties.
- Provide basic counseling to staff that have performance related obstacles.
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Ensuring that all employees and managers are aware of HR policies and procedures and any periodic changes thereof.
- Ensuring that all required information and records relating to employees are well and safely filed and kept.
- Ensuring that Managers receive accurate and timely guidance in response to specific queries about HR Polices and aspects of the Employment laws.
- Providing employees with guidance and support on all HR related issues.
Qualifications and Experience for the HR intern
- Degree in Human Resource Management or in Business Administration
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management is an added advantage
- A member of Human Resources Management
- 1 years progressive experience in Human Resource will be an added advantage
Jobs Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong customer focus and problem solver;
- Teamwork ability
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Maintain high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Analytical skills
- Solid skills in documentation
- Should have a good track record and of unquestionable integrity;
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 22nd April, 2016 stating the reference code on the subject line.
The shortlisting will be ongoing as applications are received.