Facility Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Facility Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy:Facility Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
- Manage the following maintenance services at the various Sites: Structural, Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical services including overseeing of support services e.g. messengerial services, front office services and general cleanliness of the facilities.
- Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment and create a schedule of regular evaluation of the facilities.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems in the buildings
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Ensure that all the equipment and other facilities are working properly and create monitoring systems or programs to detect problems as early as possible.
- Develop & implement a work plans for cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards through initiating an active campaign on safety measures in the building.
- Prepare & maintain pertinent records and reports for the safety service division of the company.
- In liaison with the HR department, recruiting facilities service staff and training them appropriately to ensure competent work output.
- Evaluate the work quality of the staff and other subordinates.
- Coordinate with other offices and units for things that are not within the scope ie supplies, labour, finances/payments etc
- Participate in preparing the budget so that the facilities maintenance gets adequate funds for its operation.
- Educate the workers of the establishment on the proper use and care of its equipment and other facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in engineering, land economics or related field from a recognized institution and a diploma in business management
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience in a recognized institution
- Track record of achievements in previous engagements
- Attention to details, good negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Good leadership skills
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2218”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2218, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th May 2016
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.