Executive Director Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Executive Director in Kenya
Career vacancy:Executive Director in Kenya
Post-holder reports to: Foundation Board through the Chairperson
Staff reporting to this post: Communications assistant, Interns, consultants and volunteers
Relationships significant for this post: Members, volunteers, sponsors, County and Central Government officers, leaders and staff of businesses, NGOs and embassies in the particular community.
- Drive membership and sponsorship development
- Lead and work with significant financial and representational responsibility
- Coordination of Foundation projects, relationships and financial resources without variances against the work-plan and budget approved by the Board
- Line-manage the Foundation staff
- Act as Secretary to the Board, prepare with the Chairperson, agenda, minutes and working documents for the Board.
- Map potential sponsors and members and lead drives for an expanded membership and sponsorship development
- Expand and coordinate key relationships especially members, sponsors, donors and friends of the Foundation
- Represent the Foundation to leaders in business, government and civic associations
- Drive Foundation visibility and responsiveness within the community and nationally
- Coordinate staff and volunteers to deliver the work-plan of activities approved by the Board
- Procure services and make payments consistent with the budget approved by the Board
- Line-manage the communications assistant to coordinate the website, social media and Foundation newsletter
- Monitor the progress and implementation of the work plan by producing monthly financial and narrative reports to the Board and Foundation donors
- Prepare with the Chairperson, agenda, minutes and working documents for Board meetings in accordance with the schedule of meetings.
Skills and Competencies
Essential competencies for this role include
- Commitment to the values, aims and objectives of the Foundation
- Relevant education at Bachelors level, preferably in a development-related field;
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in management, representation and networking;
- Good communication skills and fluent command of English and Kiswahili both in writing and speaking;
- Demonstrable ability to think and work strategically, innovatively and practically to improve programme quality;
- Demonstrated use of computer programmes (MS Office);
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible and sensitive in demanding situations and working across diverse social groups and classes;
- Organizational and administrative experience and qualities;
- Work well in a team and have outstanding social and intercultural skills.
- Desirable competencies for this role include:
- Direct experience working with foundations, good insight into their management systems, and are knowledgeable about the contribution they can make in development and strengthening civil society;
- Knowledge of County Government, community organizations and capacity-building;
- Experience in raising funds from international donor agencies and the private sector;
- Experience of community organizing in a similar urban community or neighborhood.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Executive Director on the Subject line.