Evidence Action Finance Officer Job in Kisumu Kenya June 2014
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), is a rapidly growing global organization.
Evidence Action, a sister organization to IPA, is assuming management and growth responsibility for two programs tested and incubated at IPA that are currently making a difference in the lives of millions of people in Africa and Asia: the Deworm the World Initiative (DTWI) and Dispensers for Safe Water Initiative (DSW). Evidence Action scales proven development interventions and crafts resilient business models for long run success.
The two organizations, during this transition period, will share premises, financial and operational
The Finance Officer’s role is to perform general accounting duties for Evidence Action and he/she reports to the Director of Finance and Administration Restructuring.
- Verifying all payment vouchers for accuracy and completeness before processing and posting into the accounting system-Sage.
- Ensure accurate petty cash disbursement, monitoring and allocations.
- Ensure proper documentation of all payments to staff, Subgrantees and vendors
- Manage accounts payable.
- Manage accounts receivable.
- Review for compliance with donor and organizational policies/guidelines on all payments.
- Provide financial and compliance guideline/training to sub grantee staff.
- Prepare timely Subgrantees returns for management review.
- Visit the Subgrantees to monitor their financial performance as need arises.
- Prepare financial reports for all programs for submission to management by the 15th of every following month.
- Follow-up with the Subgrantees on periodic financial liquidation status.
- Other duties as assigned
- Analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail, and be able to perform multiple tasks, often under stressful work-situations/deadlines.
- Seasoned team player.
- Ability to undertake domestic travel on short notice
- Commitment to IPAK values, vision, mission and strategic plan.
- Computer literacy (including Word, Excel, Email and use of the internet) a must
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Be a person of known integrity.
- Detail oriented
- Result oriented
- Team player/leader
- Professional Accounting qualification; CPA III/ ACCA III
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Administration or relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience performing responsibilities required for the position and demonstrating progress in the role.
- Audit experience and managing of USAID/CDC grants is desirable
- Excellent command of accounting principles
- Process thinker with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English and Kiswahili)
- Well-developed skills in MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and under minimum supervision
- Should be able to travel to the field
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Integrity, flexibility and self-discipline
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Finance Officer .The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.