Evidence Action Data Entry and Transcription Consultants (DtW) Jobs vacancy in Kisumu, Kenya 2016
Job Title: Data Entry and Transcription Consultants – DtW
Job Location: Kisumu
Reporting to: Associate – DtW PMCV
Deadline: 18th Dec 2015
About Evidence Action: Evidence Action scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence.
Our current flagship programs include:
- Dispensers for Safe Water is an entrepreneurial program scaling the chlorine dispenser system – a proven innovation that dramatically expands access to water treatment at an extremely low cost.
- Deworm the World Initiative actively supports the scale-up of school-based deworming programs worldwide to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
The MLIS team embodies the evidence-based nature of Evidence Action’s work and enables us to be a data-driven organization.
- All ongoing program monitoring needs met (including M&E design and quality data collection)
- Programs delivered with access to timely and useful data for day-to-day programmatic planning and decision making
- Analysis and research conducted to support program improvements (including operation research, market research and cost-efficiency analysis)
- Support with timely, useful and clear information for evidence-based decision making (including provide support to connect the dots)
- Support provided to regional leadership for new programs and partnerships for exploration and evaluation
- Standards, systems and processes setup for delivery of all functions (monitoring, analysis, research, information systems and quality data)
- Learning and Communication (L&C): This team is responsible for supporting the program teams with timely information in innovative, useful and clear ways to translate analysis and research to evidence-based decision making and action.
- Monitoring, Analysis and Research (MAR): This team is responsible for ensuring that all ongoing program monitoring needs are met and analysis and research is conducted to support program improvements.
- Management Information Systems (MIS): This team is be responsible for ensuring that the all programs have access to timely and useful data for day-to-day programmatic planning and decision making through a cloud-based multi-user system.
- Programming & Data Management (PDM): This team is responsible for developing all the data collection tools, ensure that systems are available for data entry, and that all data collected is cleaned adequately and available in high quality in a timely manner so as to meet all ongoing program needs; including monitoring, information systems and analysis and research.
- Data Collection & Training (DCT): This team is responsible for drafting all data collection tools in collaboration with MAR, and conduct all data training and collection needs.
We are in the process of updating our data entry consultants’ database so as to bring in more personnel to be used for data entry during the year 2016.
The Data entry and transcription consultant is a temporary member of the DQIS sub-team who is responsible for supporting data entry and transcription when needed.
Support in Data entry
- Accurately enter all DTW program data collected using CSpro, Epi-data or ODK emulator
- Ensure that all the data entered is submitted as required.
- Track all the data entered by completing a data entry log
- Ensure that all the forms entered for the day are filed appropriately
- Ensure that the daily data entry deadlines are met as expected
- Transcription of data from one form to another as directed.
- Keen to detail to ensure original information is not distorted during transcription.
- Accuracy and speed to meet the daily set targets
- Ensure data transcription tracking log is completed.
Required Competencies and Attributes
- A minimum of a diploma in Information Technology or any other relevant field.
- At least 6 months full time data entry experience in a research set up.
- Typing speeds of between 50 – 80 wpm
- Typing accuracy of at least 90%
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Embraces team work and aspires and supports the ideals of working in a team environment as a team champion
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Basic computer skills and comfort to advance the skills in a dynamic IT field.
- Positive attitude to work and flexible to work during late hours and weekends
- Able to report to work within a short notice period
- Previous experience working with Evidence Action_ data entry and transcription will be an added advantage