Events Company Events Consultant Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Events Company Events Consultant in Kenya
Career vacancy;Events Company Events Consultant in Kenya
Role Overview: This position will be responsible for the sales and marketing of events for the company as well as maintain and grow its client portfolio. The job holder should have an overall understanding of the company’s products.
Reports to: Business Development Manager and works closely with the Creative Designer and Planners.
- Undertake a sales approach in marketing the company so as to attain the set sales and profit margins.
- Prospect and research potential clients with the aim of identifying potential business opportunities.
- Identify key decision makers initiate contact and develop relationship
- Set up meetings and official presentations with potential clients.
- Conduct research, make site visits and find resources to help in making decisions about event possibilities.
- Work with team especially creative designer to develop service product proposals that speaks to the client’s needs and objectives
- Follow up on all client inquiries on a timely manner and maintain a client sales pipeline.
- Close new business deals by developing, modifying and negotiating contracts and proposals as per job requirements.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Organize Promotional material and update Majestic product portfolios.
- Attend all meetings, take minutes and maintain a clear channel of communication with potential clients and the relevant people from the company.
- Aggressively gather information on each client to achieve quality events.
- Confirm jobs by getting down payments, signed contracts and event schematics.
- Carry out site visits alongside the planners and/or Décor Operations Supervisor.
- Communicate all event details for confirmed jobs to the Planners and Décor Operations Supervisor.
- Confirm and communicate event timelines with client, planners and Décor Operations Supervisor.
- Follow up on feedback reports from clients once a job is finalized with.
- Prepare and maintain a client database.
- Prepare sales report to be shared with Operations Manager.
- Attend events to cement client relations.
- Prepare event budgets and payments schedules for confirmed jobs and share with planners and operations Manager on a timely manner
- Schedule client meetings on the work calendar for accountability purposes.
- Maintain a Sales Pipeline and send it to the Business Development Manager on weekly basis
- Send a Sales Monthly Report to the Business Development Manager.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in excel, word, outlook, access and Power point.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be a good listener.
- Make quick, accurate and precise decisions.
- Multi‐tasking ability.
- Work with little supervision.
- Must be a team player.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing projects or initiatives.
- Have excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have commitment to get the job done.
If you meet the said requirements for any of the openings and are passionate enough to be part of a great team, send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to:
NB: Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary.