Accountants Job Vacancies at KUCCPS Kenya Feb 2016
Career opportunity: Accountants Job at KUCCPS
Employment opportunity: Accountants Vacancies at KUCCPS
Feb 2016 Accountants Career Recruitment at Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service
Job Vacancy: Accountant Employment Kenya 2016
Job Description: Today Accountant Work Kenya
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring implementation of accounting policies, procedures and systems to enhance efficiency and internal controls;
- Administer the petty cash float and ensure timely reimbursement of the same.
- Maintain the institutions assets register and financial data bases;
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts;
- Assist in the preparation and continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities;
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the internal and external processes;
- Develop and advise on appropriate internal controls to reduce risk
- Analyze and advise on financial operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities;
- Check and verify all payroll transactions and ensure these have been properly authorized on the correct documents before posting to the payroll.
- Ensure that all P9 information assessment forms are provided to staff on time and ensure relevant submissions are made to KRA as per the stipulated formats and deadlines
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations to assist with the finance teams monthly targets
- Liaise with the banks to effect on line payments for the Placement Service staff salaries and temporary staff payments, check payment reports and initiate corrective action where necessary.
- Prepare and complete reconciliation sheets for all bank, cheque and cash payments.
- Perform other financial tasks and assignments as and when required which are consistent with the level of the position in the institution
- Have served in the grade of Accountant for a minimum period of five (5) years in comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector;
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounts or Finance) or Business Management or Public Administration plus Certificate Public Account (CPA) K or Associate of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Finance Analyst (CFA) from a recognized institution. A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, integrity and a clear understanding of accounting system, processes, and procedures required in the management of finances.
- Be a member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or any other relevant professional body.
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and accountability. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Educations Loans Board;
- A Licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
- Director of Criminal Investigation
Interested applicants should post or hand deliver their applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the position applied for and reference code to:The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
ACK Garden House, 3rd Floor, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P. O. Box 105166-0101,
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference code and the position applied for as the subject line.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
People with disabilities, women and people from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of the applications is March 4, 2016 at 5.00 pm.