EIMC Clinical Officer / Nursing Officer Job in Kisumu, Kenya – Impact Research & Development Organization Feb 2016
Job opportunity: EIMC Clinical Officer / Nursing Officer in Kisumu, Kenya – Impact Research & Development Organization
Employment vacancy: EIMC Clinical Officer / Nursing Officer in Kisumu, Kenya – Impact Research & Development Organization
Position: EIMC Clinical Officer / Nursing Officer
Reports to: EIMC Technical Lead
Location: Kisumu Central Sub-county, with frequent visits to health facilities within Kisumu County
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide EIMC services to eligible male babies aged, 1-60 days
- Consent the parents of the child according to the WHO guidelines.
- Provide health education and counseling to parents regarding EIMC.
- Maintain confidentiality on the client’s records.
- Keep clinical environment tidy and safe and ensure the constant supply of consumables.
- Possess at least Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Diploma in Nursing from a recognized training institution and in possession of a registration certificate issued by the Clinical Officers Council or Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have training and practical experience in Early Infant Male Circumcision, documented proof of training is required
- Must have at least one year’s experience in a busy health facility.
- Must be pleasant, have good communication skills and willing to work in challenging environments and under pressure.
Human Resources Manager,
Impact Research and Development Organization,
P. O. Box 9171 – 40141,