Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a not for profit membership-based organisation limited by guarantee established in 2006 in Kenya at the request, and through the efforts of key stakeholders in the three main sections of the grain value chain; producers, traders and processors.
The mandate of EAGC is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains in the Eastern Africa region that covers Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Zambia, Malawi and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Some of the EAGC program interventions include: Promotion of Regional Structured Grain Trade including Warehouse Receipt Systems; Enhancing market access through the Provision of Market Information Services through the Regional Agricultural Trade Intelligence Network, RATIN (www.ratin,net); Capacity building & Strategic support to stakeholders and evidence based Policy advocacy to enhance an enabling environment requisite for a thriving grain industry.
2. The assignment
EAGC is in the process of registering a country office in South Sudan and therefore seeks expressions of interest (EOI) from reputed law firms in South Sudan able to provide legal advice, corporate, regulatory and advisory services.
The EOI must be supported with the following documents:
– A firm profile including details of its experience, expertise and profiles of key staff.
– A fee proposal including rates for corporate consultancy services
a) To facilitate the process of legal registration of EAGC in South Sudan and
b) to provide period legal counsel, advise and representation as may be required.
3. Deliverables of the assignment
- Legal Consel and representation to facilitate the Legal Registration of EAGC in South Sudan.
- Litigation management.
- Provide Legal advisory services and drafting and reviewing contracts.
4. Eligibility for the law firm
- Fully registered, accredited and licensed to offer legal services in the republic of South Sudan
- Five years legal experience, with a proven track record in providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- A track record of undertaking similar activities is required (Provide evidence , letters of recommendations and client listing)
Submission of Expression of Interest
The Expressions of Interest proposals shall be submitted on or before 29th November 2013.
Human Resource & Administration Officer
Eastern Africa Grain Council
P O Box 218 00606
Tel: +254 (20) 3745840 /020-204 4094
Office Cell: +254 733 444 035 / 710 607313
For more information please visit www.eagc.org and www.ratin.net