Feb 2016 EAGC Programs Administration Manager Career Recruitment Kenya
Career Vacancy: Admin Manager Employment Kenya 2016
Career Description: Today Eastern Africa Grain Council Work Kenya
Career vacancy: Programs Administration Manager
Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a regional membership based organization with a mandate covering ten counties in Eastern Africa.
The regional headquarter is in Kenya with country offices in Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi.
EAGC is not for profit member organization limited by guarantee whose members are drawn from stakeholders in the grain sector including grain producers/ farmers, grain traders / millers, input suppliers of the service providers with a vision “To be the leading voice of the grin sector in Africa”.
EAGC mission is “To advocate for an enabling environment and promote structured grain trade for optimum stakeholder benefits”.
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, development skills, and is capable of working independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate should be highly professional, self-motivated and a proven high achiever with good leadership skills
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be based in Kenya and will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- In line with the EAGC strategic plan, develop and implement a talent acquisition, development and retention plan for the Council, and requisite budget.
- Coordinate with respective line managers to ensure timely recruitment and induction and training of staff.
- Co-ordinate the performance management process for EAGC.
- Ensure staff practices are in compliance with legislation, EAGC’s policies and good market practice through provision of guidelines and advisory services to line managers.
- Ensure occupational health and safety practices and fire safety standards are maintained.
- Manage the staff benefits including the medical and gratuity schemes.
- Manage the Councils procurement process including prequalification of suppliers as per the procurement policy and the maintenance a database of all prequalified EAGC suppliers in all EAGC countries of operation.
- Manage service delivery by third-party service providers including Consultants and outsourced services by monitoring contracts and service level agreements, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Provide logistical support for EAGC Events, making of travel arrangements, booking tickets and hotel accommodation.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director in preparing Board papers and Minutes of the Board.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management and a Bachelor’s degree in Business/Social Science
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in a busy Human Resource and Administration environment.
- Computer literate.
- Team player.
- High integrity, initiative and highly organised.
- Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements.
It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com by 16th February 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.