Feb 2016 EAGC Country Program Officer Career Recruitment Zambia
Career Vacancy: Country Program Officer Employment Zambia 2016
Job Description: Today Country Program Officer Work Zambia
Career vacancy: Country Program Officer – Zambia
Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a regional membership based organization with a mandate covering ten counties in Eastern Africa.
The regional headquarter is in Kenya with country offices in Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi.
EAGC is not for profit member organization limited by guarantee whose members are drawn from stakeholders in the grain sector including grain producers / farmers, grain traders / millers, input suppliers of the service providers with a vision “To be the leading voice of the grin sector in Africa”.
EAGC mission is “To advocate for an enabling environment and promote structured grain trade for optimum stakeholder benefits”.
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, development skills, and is capable of working independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate should be highly professional, self-motivated and a proven high achiever with good leadership skills.
Reporting to the Regional Manager – Marketing, Information Systems & Communication, the successful candidate will be based in Zambia and will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Coordinate, manage and ensure implementation of EAGC programs and projects in Zambia in line with the established company procedures and processes. The programs include Policy Advocacy, Provision of Market Information, Promotion of Structured Trading Systems and Training/Capacity Building of EAGC members and stakeholders to practice structured trade in Grain.
- Recruit members to EAGC in Zambia through effective member engagement and communication, and ensure their involvement in EAGC programs and activities
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies, including proposal writing and business plans for executing EAGC activities in Zambia.
- Perform administrative functions of the EAGC Zambia office including supervision and management of staff, operating budgets, partnerships and outsource consultants, Assets, Accounting and financial reporting. .
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agri-business Management, Economics, Business Administration, or related field (a Masters Degree will be an added advantage)
- 5 years’ experience in the private sector, client services, sales, marketing, project management will be preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Team player.
- Good report writing skills.
- Proposal writing and fund raising skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity, initiative and highly organized.
- Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements.
It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com by 16th February 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.