Feb 2016 EAGC Accounts & Administration Officer Jobs Recruitment Tanzania
Career Vacancy: Accounts & Admin Officer Employment Tanzania 2016
Job Description: Today Accounts & Admin Work Tanzania
Career vacancy: Accounts & Administration Officer
Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a regional membership based organization with a mandate covering ten counties in Eastern Africa.
The regional headquarter is in Kenya with country offices in Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi.
EAGC is not for profit member organization limited by guarantee whose members are drawn from stakeholders in the grain sector including grain producers / farmers, grain traders / millers, input suppliers of the service providers with a vision “To be the leading voice of the grin sector in Africa”.
EAGC mission is “To advocate for an enabling environment and promote structured grain trade for optimum stakeholder benefits”.
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, and is capable of working independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate should be highly professional, self-motivated and a proven high achiever.
Reporting to the Country Program Manager, the successful candidate will be based in Tanzania and will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Provide accounting support in the Country office while ensuring compliance with internal controls, donor regulations and budget restrictions.
- Record accounting transactions and ensure efficient, proper and transparent financial filing systems of all documents relating to finance are maintained.
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports and ensure accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Process and make payments as provided in the approved budget
- Assist with facilitation of internal and external audit procedures as required.
- Ensuring compliance and enforcement of internal policies, donor regulations and budget restrictions on all projects.
- Ensure proper procurement procedures are adhered to at all times, including maintaining of vendor contracts, lease agreements, and any other service contracts as may be required.
- Ensure that proper authorization is obtained for all disbursements.
- Provide logistical support in the coordination and organization for program activities to ensure smooth implementation of activities
- Coordination of meetings, forums and other engagements to support their successful execution.
- Management of outsourced services and general insurance for efficient office operations.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office and Accounting software packages.
- Strong knowledge and experience of institutional donor funding requirements
- Team player.
- High integrity, initiative and highly organised.
- Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements.
It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com by 16th February 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.