Deputy Quality Assurance Manager Job in Kenya 2014
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day quality assurance of snacks and spices produced and dispatched.
- Ensure all products meet the quality and safety specifications, as well as fulfilling customer requirements.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and support Quality Assurance assistants in daily process control activities.
- Implement and uphold controlled and defined quality systems (GMP, ISO 22000) and parameters within the plant
- Review and verify quality assurance documents and records to ensure process conformity and continuous improvement.
- Actively contribute to the data collection and trend analysis for process and product improvement.
- Investigate customer complaints.
- Conduct root cause analysis and follow-up inspections to resolve non-conformance.
- Investigate causes of non-conformance and takes proper correction and corrective action.
- Maintain effective communication regarding quality of products by informing management in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership for effective and quick problem resolutions
- Execute training programs that support the company’s objectives with regard to quality and food safety.
- Contribute to the implementation and management of the Internal Audit procedure.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Food Science/ Chemistry
- Minimum 2 – 3 years experience in food processing quality assurance
- Training and working knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
Applications must reach us on or before 2nd January, 2014.
The position being applied for should be indicated on the subject line.