Deputy Finance Manager Job in Kenya June 2014 (KShs 60K – 100K)
Our client is a multi-award‐winning and multi‐media communications project that is inspiring and motivating millions of young Kenyans to take action to improve their lives and engage with urgent practical issues that shape their future.
They aim to connect Kenya’s 27 million youth with ideas and opportunities that create employment, protect fragile livelihoods and environments, strengthen society and help them to engage authority in constructive, democratic ways.
Our client is looking for a new member to join its dynamic team, an exceptional individual to take on the role of Deputy Finance Manager reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Overseeing the work of the Finance Assistant and Finance intern.
- Expense allocation and management
- Ensure all expenses are allocated at the point they are incurred and have these reviewed by the Finance Manager before posting into Quickbooks.
- Overseeing the posting data into Quickbooks to be done by the Finance Assistant by the 4th day following each month.
- Payments and Statutory returns with the assistance of the Finance Assistant.
- Preparation and submission of all statutory returns online in a timely manner with the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Preparing payment vouchers for review and onward submission to the Finance Manager.
- Participate in monthly and spot cash counts with the Finance Manager.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in preparation of departmental budgets and budget variance analysis.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in preparation of reports required for partners.
- Any other finance duties that may be delegated by the Finance Manager including filing of all finance documents in an orderly manner, assisting in the co-ordination of external audits and implementation of the recommendations.
- Preparation and sending out of Request for Quotations (RFQs).
- Preparation of evaluation criteria and evaluation templates.
- Assist in carrying out evaluations of quotations received and preparation of evaluation analysis, and where necessary, evaluation reports.
- Assist in notifying bidders on the status of their quotations.
- Ensure the safe custody of all procurement files, records and documentation.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of records and information entrusted to him/her at all times.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Finance and/or Accounting
- Minimum of CPA section 6 part III qualifications or ACCA equivalent.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in working with QuickBooks, some procurement and budgeting experience is essential.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage conflict with diplomacy and build strong relationships.
- Honest and possessing a high level of integrity.
- A fast learner.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision under pressure to meet required dead-lines.
- Good organizational and time management skills, great attention to detail, able to manage multiple activities simultaneously, able to prioritize and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to supervise at least one member of staff.
- Flexibility in working hours: happy to work evenings/weekends/travel if necessary.
Salary: KShs. 60,000 – 100,000 gross
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your updated resume, salary and benefits to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title DEPUTY FINANCE MANAGER as the subject before close of business 2nd July, 2014.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.